Weekly Predictions Vikings VS Redskins
This Sunday the (3-7) Minnesota Vikings take on the (5-5) Washington Redskins. The Redskins last week pulled off a great victory over the Tennessee Titans while the Vikings got embarrassed at home by the Green Bay Packers. The Vikings have finally fired Brad Childress and are now being lead by Leslie Frazier. Below is an analysis of key players we need to game plan around in order to defeat the Washing Redskins.
- McNabb – Mcnabb is an extremely talented QB that loves to take advantage of defensive coordinators that think he’s overrated. He’s got a cannon for an arm and his mobility offers just another advantage for his team. People have questioned his motivation and conditioning in the past but he simply produces on the field. The Vikings need to get in McNabb’s face early and often. Our secondary is injured and young, we can’t give McNabb the same opportunity to tear up our defense like Rodgers had last week.
- Portis & Torain – These are the two guys who will be playing the most this weekend. Portis has been hobbled by a groin injury and recently was put on season ending injured reserve. Torain most recently has been effected by a hamstring issue. When healthy Torain has truly taken advantage of the Shanahan blocking schemes this season. With Torain not expected to take many snaps the Redskins are left with Rookie RB Keiland Williams. If he can run against the Minnesota defense then he can run against anyone. Welcome to the NFL Keiland.
- Santanna Moss – Moss has been quietly having a great year this season. With over 700 yards in 10 games he is obviously McNabbs favorite target. Moss may not be an elite WR by any means but he certainly has the skills to match up against our young corners. I believe it’s important that we keep Winfield glued to him as often as possible. I will gladly take my chances with Cooley, Williams, or Armstrong being covered by our young corners this game.
- Adrian Peterson – Due to the early blow out last week against the Packers the NFL’s best running back didn’t receive many carries in the second half of the game. I expect this to change this weekend. Look for the Vikings to run AP like crazy. I believe Frazier will actually utilize Peterson the way Childress never did.
- Coach Frazier – look for new Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier to make a difference with this team right away. I expect the play calling to be better, better running plays being called and simply a less predictable offense. Frazier has 6 games to audition for next years head coaching position. Don’t think of one second that Frazier has any intentions but to absolutely dominate. This team has a lot of talent and a guy like Frazier could be the key to unleashing this team to it’s former self.
This weekends game might not be the most exciting game offered as both teams are struggling. Look for McNabb to throw ball well over 50 times. If the Vikings defense struggles then it’s possible for the Vikings to lose. I expect our offense to get rolling early and maintain the goal of chewing up the clock. The more time we can keep away from McNabb the better chances we have at securing the victory!
Player of the game – Adrian Peterson 25 carries, 160 yards and 1 TD.