Good Press for Vikings: Creation of the Football for Good Campaign
Have you heard? In a press release from September 24th, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has officially joined forces with Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher to support the fight against human trafficking of minors and providing support for at-risk youth. Through the collaboration of their charitable foundations (All Day Foundation for Peterson, and DNA Foundation for Moore/Kutcher) the team has began a new campaign to raise awareness and funds– the Football for Good Campaign.
This football season, Adrian Peterson has committed to making each touchdown count by making a personal commitment to donate $5,000.00 for every touchdown he scores this season. Kutcher/Moore will match that donation. Other players across the NFL have also pledged various dollar amounts for touchdowns such as:
- Cincinnati Bengals’ Jermaine Gresham
- Indianapolis Colts’ Dallas Clark
- Chicago Bears’ Roy Williams
- Philadelphia Eagles’ DeSean Jackson
- Oakland Raiders’ Michael Huff (for every interception)
- For each Peterson touchdown – WBC Boxing Champion, Victor Ortiz, will make a donation
Peterson’s All Day Foundation is already very active in providing support for at-risk youth. The foundation was founded by the player to work to inspire hope, enrich children’s lives, and in building a brighter future for kids by supporting community based programs.
The DNA Foundation works to end child sex slavery worldwide by creating and supporting programs that address the causes of child sex trafficking. The foundation works to increase awareness within the general public and law enforcement about the issue of human trafficking.
The news of collaboration between All Day and DNA Foundations is an exciting one. In fact, this is not the first time Adrian Peterson has shown linked up with support for a DNA Foundation campaign. “We have to make a huge effort for these at-risk kids. Not only to protect them and build self-esteem, but also to stop the demand side of the sex-trafficking business,” said Peterson. “I worked with Ashton and Demi on their “Real Men” campaign and was inspired by their commitment to the issue of sex-trafficking. It’s a hard issue to talk about, but the fact is – hundreds of thousands of American kids are at-risk of being trafficked. We have to put an end to that. If I can help in any way, I’m game.”
Inspired by the cause? Great! Here’s what you can do to support Adrian Peterson and the fight against human trafficking.
- Text ADRIAN to 20222, to donate $10.00 and receive a special message from Adrian.
- Support Corporate Partners
- Texas Tea has committed to match Peterson’s donation of $5,000 per touchdown and they will donate $5.00 for every case of Texas Tea purchased from their website (www.teasoftexas.com) this NFL season.
- GlobalMojo, (www.globalmojo.com), the free browser app that allows you to effortlessly raise money for favorite charitable causes, has also committed $1,000 per Peterson touchdown.
- Fans who donate via crowdrise.com/football are eligible for weekly/monthly prizes. Current prizes include winning game balls and authentic jerseys autographed by Adrian Peterson, VIP tickets to Vikings Games with meet and greet passes with Adrian, and even a 3 night stay in Miami, FL! Stay tuned throughout the season for new prizes to be announced!
So far, fundraising for the Football for Good Campaign has raised over $60,000.00 according to the crowdrise.com/football website. “Adrian has a huge heart and we’re grateful for his willingness to support programs for at-risk youth and also shine a light on child sex trafficking,” said Ashton Kutcher. “Imagine if we all came together – the football fans, the players and sponsors – the impact we could have on the lives of kids. I can’t wait to see who steps up to the plate to join us at crowdrise.com/football.”